Ice tray made for water bottles
snack-size ziplock baggies
frozen fruit (your choice)
100% fruit juice (apple or we used white grape peach)
protein powder (optional - i used Melaleuca's Vanilla Attain Meal Replacement Shake)
- Read directions on packaging of ice trays for use and removal - you will need them later.
- Cut bamboo skewers points off then cut in 1/2 (or 1/3 would work too)
- Place frozen fruit in blender to about 3/4 full
- Pour juice to the 16 oz mark
- Replace lid and let set for about 15 min.
- Blend to smooth, making sure all fruit pieces are blended.
- If using protein powder, place on top then replace lid and blend until well mixed.
- Using funnel, fill ice trays to almost full then put skewers in as the sticks (leaving sticking up enough for a small hand).
- Place in freezer until frozen (overnight if you can wait that long)
- Fill sink with hot water
- Open enough snack bags for the number of smoothie pops made (important to do before step 3).
- Remove pops from freezer and dip tray in hot water for 20 seconds.
- Remove bottom of tray (if not it causes a suction and you will loose part of the pops)
- Place in bag immediately.
- Return bags to freezer promptly so they stay frozen (could put all the individual bags in a bigger bag to contain them better).
Now for pics...Frozen pops - you can see why a funnel is needed (i didnt have one and it was pretty messy) and in the background the bags i have open and ready:
Aden getting his 3rd smoothie pop, all by himself!
Aden eating his 2nd smoothie pop: