I discovered that even though i NEED to walk and shed these extra pounds, its not something i really look forward to so its easier to procrastinate. The reason for choosing this for my 37 day challenge was to get into routine and make it a habit. I will work on that more by recommitting each Monday. BUT the reason behind the 37 day challenge is to do something for 37 days that encourages/enables us to live life more fully. I interpret that to mean living our dreams so there are no regrets when our '37 days' are up. I have been thinking about this quite a bit the last few days.
Since having Seth, i have been slowing loosing sense of self. Have put things *I* want to do on the back burner and they have been simmering away to almost nothing. I have NOT been living the life i desire, rather making sure my kids get to do that. I see this as a huge disservice to them and i regret that. They *should* see me fulfilling my dreams, making a point to get my needs met as well as getting their needs and dream fulfilled.
Some things to choose from in my next 37 day challenge:
- Learn American Sign Language and look into cost and availability of becoming an ASL interpreter.
- Horseback riding (owning own horses some day)
- Reading for fun or for myself, not parenting books (I will start with "Life Is A Verb" committing to doing the exercises after each chapter)
- Babies (volunteering to help/hold)
- Organizing (getting my whole house organized the way i want it...shouldn't take 37 days)
- Blogging with pictures (i have a LOT to catch up on)
There might be more but for now that is a good list to choose from. Today being Saturday i am focusing on meal prep for the week. Monday will be day 29 and i will only have 8 more days so next week is my last week for that challenge. I will continue to walk Monday - Friday, of course! Check back here to know what i choose for my next 37 days.